I know we are a bit sporadic about posting sometimes ... working through emotions is tough sometimes and while I tend to process while I write, sometimes I need to keep that to myself for a while. I feel like we have come through our hosting experience wiser, stronger, and with a deeper heart for orphans. We definitely had some grief to work though, as did Vanya and Thor. I think it has been especially hard for Vanya since he understand more about NOT having a Mom and Dad and he wants Vlad and Dima to have parents like he does (and even asked us once if we would please be their mom and dad). We have been so aware of the reassurance that he needs in times like this that we will always be his parents, so matter how sick he gets. A lot for a little guy to go through.
Yes, do do hope to host again. No, not sure when.
THAT is why we are cautious about talking about adoption. God has plans that we don't know about yet. And that is both exciting and a little bit scary.
I have a quiet house now and am going to take advantage of it and SEW. Usually when I go into my chaotic project room, I have both boys and the dog coming in with me. It is far too small and far too messy for that many legs to be in that space. And yes, it is a goal to clean it up and get rid of more so that they CAN come and do projects with me. But first, we need some clothes for our trip next week. THEN we can clean.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment