A few days ago, as Thor and Vanya stood in the bathroom door as I (Karin) was getting ready, Vanya put his arm around Thor and said "2 brothers ... Vanya y Thor brothers". How precious to see them growing together! Later that day, Vanya gave Thor a shoulder rub (which of course sent Thor into belly laughs). It has been tough for both of them to come to instant brotherhood, but it so touches my heart to see them together ... whether driving trucks all around the house together or fighting over who gets what truck (or how many). It amazes me that God has blessed us with two very wonderful and very different boys! Vanya will scream whenever Thor takes something of his (thankfully he no longer grabs Thor's hair to pull, sending them both into tears). Thor has discovered the fun of taking something Vanya wants and runs away and hides behind me when I am close enough.



One day while we were driving, I hear Thor laughing and Vanya crying "ow ow ow" (as he has become quite dramatic in doing!). I look back as we sit at a stoplight, and Thor is holding Van's hand and Van can't get it away from him. Vanya may be older and taller, but Thor is quite close to outweighing him. But Vanya is still "big brother" and Thor is "baby brother".
This Sunday night will be our first "cousin" sleepover - Marcus doesn't have school so he will sleep over and then spend Monday with us. Wish us luck!




4 comments:
So sweet. I'll bet you're all looking forward to celebrating Ivan's birthday with him right there rather than overseas. Happy birthday Ivan - enjoy!!!
Hooray! The boys are so lovely - it was great to meet Vanya and see Thor at Easter (and you too!) Happy birthday to Van, and hope the sleepover was fun!
-rachel
I think I've read this post about 3 times. It makes me so happy! The pictures are adorable.
I love the pictures! It is so sweet how they are bonding so closely--God is so good! Blessings to you all!
Post a Comment