
Not a great picture of the boys, but I do love their togetherness. . . and that is so much of what life is right now. Togetherness. With Dave home, with me home, with V only in school 5 hours a week and T not at all, and one (working) car ... we spend a lot of time together. SO much of that is good. Playing. Working on projects. Entertaining ourselves with what we already have.
But for introverted parents, togetherness is sometimes just too much. TOO. MUCH. Now before you say, "oh, but you are social and outgoing", hear me out. It is not about how we act when we are out. It is about how we are charged and energized. I LOVE being able to go out with friends and having social time. But if I don't get my alone time, I get "peopled out" (do I hear an AMEN from my fellow introverts?). And there are days when my kids are the ones who people me out. I know that language development involves a lot of talking. A LOT. But some days the talking of two preschoolers is, well, overwhelming.
I am trying to get up earlier for some quiet (and in order to get up without V hearing me and joining me, it needs to be early). To focus on God and to be intentional about our days. In some ways it feels like the things that I did when I was single and working, but changed for my life now. I have been very encouraged by the writings at www.inspiredtoaction.com
I will never cease to be amazed at God. bringing us WHAT we need WHEN we need it.



1 comment:
This is the AMEN you were talking about. I also need alone time to get filled up again. It is so important to spend time with God and get fed. For me that is really easy now, but I remember times where I had to be allot more creative. Keep up the good work Karin! We have to be fed to be able to feed others.
Denise Scott
Post a Comment