Almost done with the countdown to Vlad and Dima's arrival, and onto the count of time with them! Excited? Nervous? Insane? Yah, all of it. But the thing I remind myself, is that God is in control and I am the adult. God opened all the doors to make this happen, even when we weren't trying. And I am an adult. One who is not (or should not) be ruled by emotion. Scared? Sure. Two boys I have never met are moving into my home for a month and living with my children. There are so many things that could go wrong. But then, I am the one staying in my house. In my comfort zone. With resources and contacts that exist to support us and pray for us and rescue us should things get out of control. I try to imagine what it would be like to be one of the boys ... to be 14 or 8 years old, living in an orphanage without a family, and be told that I am getting on a plane, traveling halfway around the world, and living with a family for a month. They eat different foods, wear different clothes, and speak a different language. How scary is that? Puts it all into perspective for me.
Upcoming posts ... the "A" word, "Candy Cane Greetings", and "Empty Drawers".
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I bought some clothes this week. My friend has some outgrown boys "8"s, so if you are interested in them, she'd be happy to pass them along, also. Gloria
Post a Comment